Important Bus Safety Tips
While waiting for your bus…
- Wait for buses at designated stops— stand 2-3 feet from the curb.
- Never run after a bus— you may slip and fall or be struck by another vehicle.
- Use designated crosswalks and sidewalks to reach the bus stop. Never walk in a traffic lane.
- Have your fare or bus card ready so you can hold the handrails.
When boarding and disembarking the vehicle…
- Use handrails to help you keep your balance.
- Avoid long, stretched steps to the first step of the bus when boarding or to the curb when getting off the bus.
While riding on the bus…
- Stand behind the white line while the bus is in motion.
- Don’t lean or press on the doors.
- Keep hands, feet and items clear from closing doors.
- Wait for the bus to stop fully before leaving your seat.
- Do not put any part of your body outside the bus window.
- Keep your legs and personal items from extending into the aisle to prevent others from tripping.
When you get off the bus…
- Step onto the sidewalk- don’t walk between the side of the bus and the curb.
- Never walk in front of the bus, even if it is stopped.
- Use only designated crosswalks.