To The College of New Jersey, safety is paramount. Living off-campus can be an exciting and fulfilling experience, but certain precautions must be adhered to so as to ensure your living environment remains as safe as possible. Also, there are certain rules of etiquette for traveling via public transportation that must be observed; you must do your part to enhance the quality with which you live if you expect others to reciprocate the respect you show for them, as well as the environment.
Ewing Safety Tips
Basic Safety Tips
- Always lock your door when you leave and when at home.
- Secure all windows when not at home.
- Keep your car doors locked at all times.
- Roll up all windows when not in car.
- Never leave any valuables in plain sight.
- Bring a friend with you when walking around the neighborhood at night.
- It’s a good idea to carry mace or pepper spray with you.
- Don’t give out spare keys to strangers.
- Don’t invite strangers into your home.
- Do not host a gathering where you do not know everyone who is in attendance.
- Always be on the lookout for suspicious people or activity. Report any of this to the local authorities.